Installing Adobe Flash problem

GBL 22:37 02 Jan 07

How do I get Adobe flash player to install?? when I go to their web page and follow the instructions it states that it is installed, yet when i return to the web site requesting that it be installed it would appear that it is not. For eg. the Emmerdale murder page.

I use Win XP pro with Zone alarm and AVG etc.

BEN MARSHALL 22:43 02 Jan 07

Geoffrey,

Please see the following link to my Adobe Flash Player 9.0 Redistributable install.

Please note this is a link to the direct download!

click here

Cheers,

Ben.

bluto1 22:43 02 Jan 07

Go to Add/Remove programmes, uninstall, then reinstall. Worked for me

GBL 22:52 02 Jan 07

Thanks Ben, that seems to have worked where others failed.

All the best.

Stuartli 00:34 03 Jan 07

There are two versions - one for IE and the other for Firefox etc. See:

click here

BEN MARSHALL 23:28 05 Jan 07

Cheers, Happy New Year to you all.

Ben.

Philbert 18:06 25 Feb 07

Same problem described by geoffy at the beginning of this thread, but with toyota.com.
I use WinXP, IE7, Nod32 antivirus. I have uninstalled Flash Player, run RegScrubXP and CCleaner until they found no issues, re-started, and re-installed Flash Player from the version on File Hippo. Now what? Thank you.
Phil Brown, Wisconsin, USA

Technotiger 18:11 25 Feb 07

Hi, I found that I had the same problem when trying to use it with IE7 - I reverted to IE6 and all worked ok.

Philbert 18:21 25 Feb 07

What about Firefox? Does it work any better? I hate giving up the tabbed browsing of IE7.

anskyber 18:33 25 Feb 07

Flashplayer will only uninstall properly (and reinstall) if you use their uninstaller for the reasons they give on this link. click here

Afterwards it should work perfectly with IE7.

Technotiger 18:41 25 Feb 07

I too like the tabbed browsing, so I use Firefox and IE6.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…