Installing add-on Spoofstick into Firefox 2.0.0.1.

Daibus 10:47 20 Dec 06

Trying to install the add-on Spoofstick into the latest version of Firefox but it will not install.

Their forum says that I should change the extension from XPI file to a Zip file - unzip then change it`s settings in Notepad - but how do you change the extension of this file?

Any other information on installing this add-on into Firefox 2.0.0.1 will be appreciated.

rawprawn 11:59 20 Dec 06

As far as I know Spoofstick will not work on the latest Firefox, mine doesn't anyway.I will keep an eye on this thread and see what others have to say.

rawprawn 12:01 20 Dec 06

Says "Spoofstick will only work on V0.8 to 1.0"

Daibus 17:41 20 Dec 06

It was however working on my previous Firefox installation, version 2.0.0 Beta.

Daibus 17:35 21 Dec 06

Managed to carry out the instructions below and Spoofstick now functions with Firefox version 2.0.0.1.

1. Download the extension to your hard drive.
2. Rename the extension from xpi to zip
3. Open with a zip file program.
4. Extract only install.rdf to desktop.
5. Rename to install.txt
6. Edit with notepad
7. Change maxVersion to 2.5
8. Save file
9. Rename to install.rdf
10. Put back in zip file
11. Rename .zip to .xpi
12. Install extension with changed install.rdf.

Chris the Ancient 17:52 21 Dec 06

Done all 12 of those.

Opened Firefox add-ins - but can't work out how to get it from my downloads folder into Firefox!

Yup, I'm dense - but I need a little more hekp on this last bit.

CtA

Chris the Ancient 18:08 21 Dec 06

Helps if I read the Spoofstick instructions... Don't it?

Repeat after me... "If in doubt, read the instructions!"

Duh!

Chris the Ancient 18:09 21 Dec 06

It does work.

Many thanks Daibus.

I missed my Spoofstick something rotten when I upgraded my Firefox. Welcome back.

Daibus 18:21 21 Dec 06

What I did was to download Spoofstick 1.06 for Firefox, saving to my Desktop from the Corestreet site using Internet Explorer, and then followed the instructions.

When all completed just clicked on Open and it installed itself into Firefox as an add-on.

I think also from Firefox you can go into File - click on Open File - locate the add-on and then it should also just install itself.

Daibus 18:23 21 Dec 06

Just read your reply - a good add-on I think as well!

Cheers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…