Installing Adaware2007

TonyW2 09:05 13 Sep 07

Currently I use AdawareSE antispyware from Lavasoft It works fine.
I tried to upload the new Free 2007 version, both via this sita and direct from Lavasoft, but the installation fails.
(Sometime, whilst trying, a file aaw2007.exe appears but attempting to look at this this just shows the error message "Not a WIN32 programme" or the old SE programme interface comes up on screen.)

Does the old Lavasoft programme have to be completely uninstalled before uploading the new?
If it is uninstalled and the new upload then fails, can I recover it by using system restore?
Any help would be appreciated

techie4me 09:56 13 Sep 07

Whats your operating system?

TonyW2 16:40 13 Sep 07

Sorry, Windows XP SP2

birdface 12:25 16 Sep 07

Looks as though it's an AVG problem if you run that also.click here

TonyW2 14:31 16 Sep 07

Thanks buteman, but your link shows that the AVG definition interference was resolved in mid Aug.I had updated the definitions after that date.

I have retried installing, (from this site, today,} but the old AdAware interface still re-appeared and with a note that definitions failed to install).

Any more suggestions or am I alone in having an installation problem?

Marko797 16:17 16 Sep 07

I'd stick with the older version of adaware. I had this issue, & needed to uninstall the earlier version. I then installed 2007 version and I don't think it's as good as the original. U can still get definition upgrades which work fine on the older version as far as I know.

TonyW2 16:35 18 Sep 07

It still will not install, so I intend to keep using the old AdawareSe, which is being supported until December. Hopefully the new product will self install easily by then.

Marked as resolved, but would still be interested to know if this is a common problem, or where the difficulty lies.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…