Installing 2nd SATA Hard drive

mjgriffo 19:05 25 May 06

Hi all,

I've recently installed a 2nd 200gb Maxtor Sata Drive on my computer. I read on many guides about using Maxblast 4 to install the drive through the BIOs. Having ran the program from a CD i opted to install the drive as an additional storage drive. When i load Windows XP it then displays a new local disk in My computer under the title Other rather than next to the drive previously installed. It doesnt show up in Device manager either and a scan for hardware changes doesnt recognise anything. i would appreciate any suggestions?

terryf 19:20 25 May 06

When I installed a 2nd sata hd, I found that I had to jumper them both as master, don't remember the details but spent many a happy hour on my knees trying different things. Try the jumper as above first

g0nvs 20:18 25 May 06

Has the drive been formatted ? SATA drives don't have jumper settings.

Caså 20:29 25 May 06

As g0nvs says there are no jumpers on sata's..Usually in disc manager it needs to be initialised then partioned then formatted.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…