Installing 2nd firewall

brian-284840 12:00 18 May 05

This is a simple question,but diffrent opions as to rights or wrong,I'm thinking of installing AOL's MacFees free firewall,to try it out i've got ZoneAlarm installed at the moment,would I have to uninstall it or just disable,having been
told that having 2 firewalls would cause conflics.

Thanks in advance.

mattyc_92 12:05 18 May 05

The free firewall isn't much to write home about... I have used it myself, but ditched it when I got "NIS2005"....

There shouldn't be any problems, but just in case, just disable the other firewall.... Sometimes they can "fight" each-other, but you can configure them to work together....

ACOLYTE 12:07 18 May 05

Its never a good idea having two firewalls installed at the same time,as conflicts may and probably will arise,you could however disable ZA to try out Mcafee idealy though it may be better to uninstall ZA to prevent conflicts,but if i were you i would stick with ZA in my opinion its by far the better product.

HTH

brian-284840 12:27 18 May 05

Thanks for the replys Guys I'll take heed.

Regards S/F

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…