Installed Windows Updates keep reappearing

jonmac 12:59 12 Jun 15

Two windows updates, KB3023224 and KB3035490 which are Security Updates for Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5, 4.5.1 and 4.5.2 on Windows 7 keep on presenting themselves for download each time my PC is booted up. They appear several times on the list of successfully installed updates but each time I go to shut down the PC an exclamation mark shows on the button and a message says that it is installing them during shut down. How do I deal with this?

jonmac 14:27 14 Jun 15

Well, it's not often this forum fails to provide any answers within 24 hrs. However I managed to find the solution myself in the Microsoft Community site so rather than leave this one unanswered here it is.

Windows Vista and Windows 7 users follow these steps to repair the .NET Framework 4 [or .NET Framework 4.5.1] installation:

Close any currently running applications.

Click Start, and type Uninstall in the Search box and then click Uninstall a program.

Right-click Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile [or Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.1] to launch the .NET Framework 4 Client Profile [or Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.1] Maintenance dialog and click uninstal.

Select Repair .NET Framework 4 Client Profile [or Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.1] to its original state and click Next.

Allow the repair to complete and then click Finish.

Click Restart Now to restart your computer.

Run a manual check for updates and attempt to install the updates again. After running the Repair, reboot then test by running a manual check for updates & seeing if the .NET 4 [or .NET 4.5.1] updates will successfully install now.

CarolynC 18:52 14 Jun 15

Glad you got it sorted then. I find mixed messages a lot from Microsoft forums myself; not a fan on them

AwkwardTurtle 15:50 18 Jun 15

I have this problem also but it is not just NET updates with me i keep getting the same ones offered for windows,office,IE as well and they are already installed i couldn't find a solution so i just hide them now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017