installed win98 now no sound internet very slow

ANTHONY-268247 12:50 18 Jan 03
  ANTHONY-268247 12:50 18 Jan 03

I recently installed win 98 on my digital PC5510 which has ondoard sound and internal speaker USRobotics external modem. Changed nothing else now no sound and all downloads and internet pathetically slow. What shall I check to correct. TONY

Cuddles 14:54 18 Jan 03

I would check MY COMPUTER>CONTROL PANEL>SYSTEM ,
have a look to see if you have any yellow exclamation marks anywhere which could signify a conflict of some kind, click on sondcard entry and remove soundcard from system. Then reboot and let windows pick up soundcard and reinstall, then do the same with modem, or you may need to look in the bios as the soundcard is on board.

Hope this helps
P

ANTHONY-268247 13:29 19 Jan 03

I have already done most of the standard checks .The sound is on board and I have checked that it is enabled in the BIOS.
Rebooted many times but no effect. Upgraded Internet explorer to IE6 but this made no differance. Installed VAG antivirus but this would not accept update.The DUN shows 45000bps.but this is not evident outlook express takes weeks to download emails.
Any more ideas?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…