Installed Webcam making PC Freeze!

Anniemol 23:06 23 Feb 06

I've just bought a new Logitech Webcam and installed the software...as soon as I restart my PC and the webcam appears in my system tray my PC freezes. There's no way I can exit the webcam from the system tray...therefore I can't uninstall it etc.
Can someone advise me how I can get round this problem...
I'm writing this on my laptop!
Thanks...

Fred Heartsun 23:10 23 Feb 06

start in safe mode. click start, run, type in msconfig , and stop it from running.

johnnyrocker 23:31 23 Feb 06

did you leave the cam unconnected until the install program told you to connect?

johnny.

skidzy 23:35 23 Feb 06

Agree with the others,do not connect the web cam till all software is loaded,or till when prompted.

Uninstall and start again.

Anniemol 23:47 23 Feb 06

Hi guy's....yep I installed the software first and restarted PC (as instructed). Once PC started up, the on screen instructions came up asking me to plug in the webcam, which I did...the PC started to recognise the webcam but then as soon as the Webcam icon appeared in the system tray it froze. I had to turn off PC and when I started it up again as soon as the icon appears in the system tray it freezes again...it's a cycle that doesn't break!
Fred...please remind me what key I hit in start up to get in Safe Mode?

Thanks

skidzy 23:54 23 Feb 06

f8

skidzy 23:56 23 Feb 06

Anniemol...Hold down CTRL+ALT+DELETE check your cpu usage.....
Then have a look at the processes and see if the webcam is related to a high percentage.
If so,Best to uninstall and try again.

007al 23:59 23 Feb 06

Try the Logitech site to see if the drivers are newer than the ones you have click here and choose your cam

Anniemol 00:02 24 Feb 06

Skidzy...I can't get into my PC, I want to unistall it but all I can get is a frozen screen, holding down CTRL+ALT+DELETE dosen't open anything up once it's frozen.

007al 00:04 24 Feb 06

Have you tried getting into safe mode?Tapping F8 as it boots

Anniemol 00:05 24 Feb 06

007al....when I first installed the software before rebooting as instructed it automatically checked for updates. Now my pC is frozen I can't access anything on it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…