Installed Programme Quad Core, problems?

moonraker50 10 Sep 12

I recently asked about my supposedly Quad Core Pc being slower than my Dual Core, however i intalled a programme and under CPU's it says 3 on my machine. Ive had a stroke since i purchased the PC and cant remember where i purchased it from. I think i've been ripped off but can i anyway overclock the CPU's to speed it up. Looks like i shall be having to buy a quad core from PC World or someone else and not an online firm. Any suggestions please?

ams4127 10 Sep 12

Can you give us the make, and model numbers, of both your machines. We need that before anyone can begin to help.

moonraker50 10 Sep 12

I'm sorry i cant really see any make, model numbers anywhere, so looks as though i am stuck with it, thanks for your help:-)

moonraker50 10 Sep 12

I'm sorry i cant really see any make, model numbers anywhere, so looks as though i am stuck with it, thanks for your help:-)

rickf 11 Sep 12

If it is quad core, under device manager you should see 4 cpus as it were.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message