installed previous bios and now xp has gone mental

Sisha 07:41 27 Apr 03

I was having problems with my kt3ultra2 6380e mobo. This problem had been happening since I updated the bios (yes I know a stupid thing to do) I have now loaded the previous version of the bios and xp has started doing very strange things. CD drives wont open, constant lockups, my modem no longer existed?
What on earth is going on?
Now that I have reverted back to my old bios version, am I supposed to re install xp again?
I am connected on to internet on my win98se partition at the moment (its working but only just a about)
Please help, I am about to throw the whole machine out of the window!

-pops- 07:46 27 Apr 03

Not absolutely certain but I always thought that BIOS updates are one way only. Once successful, there is no going back. If this is indeed the case, I think you have more than a small problem.

Brian

AndySD 07:51 27 Apr 03

Its not a problem to flash the bios backwards.

Sisha

Are you totally sure you used the correct bios for the motherboard? Also after flashing the bios you should boot into Setup/Bios and Reset it to Default. Reboot. Then set it back to the way you want it

AMD 4 ever 08:01 27 Apr 03

I would be inclined to do the following:

Dip into BIOS and set all settings to default/setup.

Then FDISK your hard drive

Then Re-format

See if this catches the monkey!

Sisha 08:03 27 Apr 03

Pretty sure. I checked between the manual information and with the MSI website themselves.
I didnt " Also after flashing the bios you should boot into Setup/Bios and Reset it to Default. Reboot. Then set it back to the way you want it "
So I will maybe try that!
Oh and XP will no longer boot at all

DieSse 10:11 27 Apr 03

You should not just set it to Default, but go through a full "Clear" routine using the jumper on the motherboard.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…