Installed new power supply but have buzzing noise

oo7juk 16:32 04 May 06

I needed a new power supply so I installed a new one yesterday, everything is fine apart from a background buzzing noise that I now have. When I swith pc on you can hear the buzzing noise with the speaker volume turned down. When I increase volume generates a constant buzzing noise. When I'm on the net and scrolling up and down pages the noise increases/decreases (a bit like when your on the pc and someones mobile is ready to go off.

The new power supply is only 50w more output than my old one. Could it be a faulty PS or maybe something else, many thanks

Belatucadrus 16:56 04 May 06

Could be the cooling fan, or mains hum from cheap components, while it may not be classifiable as faulty, I'd be tempted to get it exchanged for a quieter one.

oo7juk 19:08 04 May 06

Yeah thanks, it only cost me £13.50 but the guy says it would do, tbh I thought a Power supply was a power supply. thanks for your reply

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…