Installed linux, lost boot menu

simmo09 19:47 06 May 08

If you have read some of my previous posts i have had trouble installing linux ubuntu in which a few weeks ago lost all data on C: and D: drives. I was reccomended to install Linux Backtrack 2 as the install was simple. So i did the following:

From XP created a 5GB partition as Linux ext3 format, ran BT (Backtrack) from the CD and installed onto sda3 (which i checked was the correct partition). All installed fine with no problems. However if i restart the PC whichever boot method (HD or CD) BT loads up, there is no option to load XP. I know that windows C: and my other NTFS partition D: is fine as i can see the contents from BT kommander (file browser) - so nothing has been formatted.

My problem is how can i get a boot menu to choose which OS to start? It loads BT by default but i want two boot menus:

1) XP Pro
2) Backtrack

Thanks!

simmo09 20:03 06 May 08

seems to be something to do with lilo, im currently following this click here which i hope will solve it

Please advise further if this seems wrong

simmo09 20:14 06 May 08

seems to of worked, phew. The link i provided actually was inaccurate in my circumstances in which i could not find the line "#Linux bootable partition config begins"

So i opened a new Konsole and type lilo, voila it added windows. rebooted now has a boot menu :)

Ronnie268 21:33 05 Sep 08

If not try "Super Grub Disk"

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…