Installed I E 7, what's this "prevalence reporter"

Omnigusted 15:30 31 May 08

Hello,

Got the advisory that I E 6 wouldn't be getting any more updates, had to change to 7.
Now my ZoneAlarm firewall, the free version, keeps babbling about "Prevalence reporter is trying to access the internet."

I've no idea what prevalence reporter is; ZA free gives no info about it.

A few days ago I saw several messages here about this very subject but due to logging-in issues haven't been able to get in until just now. Of course the messages are likely far away, with a board that moves as fast as this one...anyway I can't locate them.

So. Anybody know what this reporter thing is, what it might be supposed to do, is it safe to click on Allow? HELP!! Please?

Thanks in advance,
Lea.

brundle 15:37 31 May 08

Avg 8; click here

Perhaps there is more information on the AVG forum

Bapou 19:00 01 Jun 08

Prevalance Reporter sends information on websites back to AVG. You don't have to allow it access although it might just help you avoid any possible dodgy websites when you are searching in Google.

Omnigusted 13:20 13 Jun 08

Hello, People:
Thanks for the responses. The problem has been resolved...sorry for the gap in time; both I and my "window to the world" have been ill.
Omnigusted.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…