Installed Extra RAM - Computer not booting up now

mawashi 01:14 06 Mar 04

Today installed additional 256 MB of memory to my computer running on XP. Computer is seeing the additional memory but when computer first boots up the screen remains blank until I hit restart then I am prompted to start Windows in normal mode. Can anybody advise what I should do to stop this failure to boot up. Thanks

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 01:38 06 Mar 04

Try taking ram out and swapping then around some times it doesnt clear the L2 cache right so it wont start swapping the ram round might work.

Regards.

mawashi 01:45 06 Mar 04

Hi thanks for that will give it a go

hugh-265156 02:14 06 Mar 04

how much ram do you now have and how much does your motherboard support.

did you get the correct type of ram for your board? click here and follow the wizard to find out the type and ammount your mobo can support.may help.

HXP 02:14 06 Mar 04

I would remove the new ram restart machine - if it boots ok shutdown remove orig ram & fit new.

If it boots then the two ( presume differing ) ram modules may not be compatable.

If that's the case talk to the supplier of the ram for advice.

Also check your m'board manual sometimes you have to populate particular banks.

mawashi 16:58 06 Mar 04

Thanks everyone for your help. Swapped memory round - installed one stick then booted up, then installed second stick and then rebooted. So far so good - once again thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Best iMovie for Mac tips 2017 | How to edit video with iMovie: 26 brilliant video editing tricks…