installed avast, now msgtag doesn't work

palinka 23:13 23 Nov 04

Just installed Avast as replacement for AVG when AVG7 seemed to cause conflicts with msgtag. But now, although msgtag(status version) is switched on, outgoing mails do not show up on the dashboard. Any advice please?

Wak 14:38 24 Nov 04

I have had Avast installed for years and have never had any problems with it.
Considering you also had problems with AVG and Msgtag I would respectfully suggest that you dump the Msgtag program.
I registered with Msgtag some months ago and couldn't get on with it and so uninstalled it.
Is this the program which let's you know when mail has been looked at?? I personally didn't think it was worth the bother.

palinka 15:31 24 Nov 04

Wak, thanks for your reply. I've now switched off msgtag (yes, it is the program you mention). But in my case it's been very useful as I am secretary to a group of fellow-councillors, some of whom don't open their emails very often & I need to know whether or not they've read a message about (say) a meeting they have to attend, etc. And msgtag worked fine with AVG6 for a couple of years or so. It was only when I upgraded from AVG6 to AVG7 that the problems began
I suppose you haven't found another program that does the same job as msgtag?
I'll start a thread about that.

palinka 13:47 28 Nov 04

as recorded in a different thread things are now back to normal.
I deleted AVAST (decided I prefer AVG), Zone alarm and msgtag.
Then re-installed AVG, msgtag and finally zone alarm ( that was the order they were originally installed in when I had AVG6 and everythign worked).

Result - all is well; eberything working; no problems. Thank you everyone.

rawprawn 14:38 28 Nov 04

After one of your earlier posts, I installed MSTAG and I run Avast. I had serious problems and found I couldn't clear my Windows Temp files.CCleaner went haywire and system restore would not work properly.I had to recover using Aconis. I have taken off Mstag and all is now well. I know you seem to have fixed your problem and it would seem that Avast & Mstag clash, but I thought you may want to know of this similar occurrence.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…