Installation of XP on laptop with Recovery Disks

ADELLA30 14:09 21 Feb 04

My Sony Vaio PCG-GRX316MP Laptop was supplied with a Recovery set of disks. I now wish to run it as a Windows XP only (ie no Sony software installed) Can I do a clean installation from a XP disc without any penalties, if so how do I install the Touch Pad.
If the installation fails will it be possible to re-install the original Sony recovery suite

Diodorus Siculus 14:14 21 Feb 04

If you have a CD with XP on it, you should have no problems; I recently installed XP on a laptop for a friend and the touchpad was recognised as a mouse.

And if things do go wrong, you can always reinstall the Sony stuff using the recovery CD.

ADELLA30 16:27 21 Feb 04

That was quick Diodorus Siculus. Wish manufacturers/supplies were a fast at responding to an enquiry. Very many thanks, will give it a go.
Kind regards Jack

Diodorus Siculus 16:39 21 Feb 04

Generally speaking this forum is quick if people have an answer. Be sure to post back with the results, further questions and so on.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 Plus review: better cameras and waterproofing make this the best iPhone yet

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple to launch new Macs and MacBook Pros at an event on October 27

iPhone vs Android | iOS vs Android: 5 reasons why Apple's iPhones beat Google Android smartphones ()…