Installation of wireless adaptor under Win 7

jonmac 16:22 22 Dec 09

I'm having problems installing a Netgear wg111v3 wireless adaptor under Win 7. Running the installation CD causes a check to be made for updated drivers, the report being that the ones on the CD are up to date but obviously not detecting that W7 is the operating system. Continuing with the installation appears to go OK until it becomes necessary to click on an icon placed on the desktop by the process. At this point the process stops as the clicked icon produces nothing.
A search for Win 7 drivers on Netgear's site produced 3 small files (total less than 400k) but with no instructions what to do with them. None are executable.
I have tried placing them in a folder then plugging in the adaptor, expecting Windows to detect it and allow me to direct it to the files but nothing happens (except a bleep)
I'm sure I must be omitting something very simple but what?
Can anyone help, please?

GaT7 16:23 22 Dec 09

If it's showing up in Device Manager, right-click the Netgear adapter there & choose 'Update Driver..' & direct the wizard to the downloaded files (unzip them first if applicable). G

jonmac 16:48 22 Dec 09

Thanks for the reply, Crossbow7. That worked just fine. As I said, it had to be something simple. I must be getting old!

GaT7 16:54 22 Dec 09

Glad that worked :-).

You can also try it for installing other devices/components that are not installing the standard way. The driver's inf file must be present though - it won't install via an executable. G

jonmac 22:33 22 Dec 09

Thanks for that and all the best for the Festive Season

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5