Installation of SP 2

coldacut 17:27 12 Oct 04

I am running a 1600 Athlon with dual hard drives, both using XP Professional. One is o.k. so far after the upgrade. The other which does contain most of my programs etc continually fails to fire my browser(I.E. 6)I have checked and rechecked all settings and they are o.k. and after every attempt I have had to resort to system restore to recover.In all other respects( and I know it's early days!) there do not seem to be any conflicts or compatibility problems, although it is fair to say that I have not yet tested all my programs! Can you or any of your contibutors shed any light on this please?

Colin Cutcliffe

badger23 17:47 12 Oct 04

I had a similar problem on my older P111 in the other room so I switched to Mozilla'a FireFox on wanadoo. Much better browser as I hate the security flaws in IE6 and they are still there. Having said that, my mate uses AOL9 and Firefox was awful on his machine but he's still on 98se.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:49 12 Oct 04

Repair IE
click here

the lone ranger 18:18 12 Oct 04

I use the same as Badger`s mate i.e. AOL 9 and Firefox and it works very well. Saying that, it runs in conjuction with Spywareblaster. IE has been an absolute pain with spyware. If you CAN.....ditch IE.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…