Installation Query For Suse 9.2 OS

dublincity 04:34 12 Jun 05

I had a spare partition ready for the installation of Suse 9.2 OS. At the start of the installation I wasn't given the option to instal to it - the program indicated that it would re-size another partition (with a main OS). That would've been no problem since that partition has 30GB of free space. After a few minutes it said that the re-sizing couldn't be done and that I should abort the attempt.

There is a question about differing drive letters and names - I'll raise a separate posting about that - but I don't think pathways have been changed and I've got no problems with them.

Has anybody any idea what I might do next? Many Thanks.

Diodorus Siculus 09:37 12 Jun 05

I suppose I have a duty to try to give you some solutions!

Anyway, first of all, defrag the hard disk and each partition thereon.

Then, run checkdisk to ensure there are no errors.

Do you have a partition formatted for Linux?

Boot with the Suse disk and choose to install - it will (should) resize the partitions. If not, then I am not sure why.

I don't remember any options for a custom install but I would imagine that they are there.

Good luck!

Trackrat 12:06 12 Jun 05

If you are using the NTFS file system you must run SCANDISK and DEFRAG before you attempt an install, if yo don`t it will not resize the NTFS partition.

You can do a custom partition through

If you are using the NTFS file system you must run SCANDISK and DEFRAG before you attempt an install, if yo don`t it will not resize the NTFS partition.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…