installation problems with Canon camera

ROYWIDD 21:09 09 Aug 05

hello,i have just bought a Canon A510 digital camera,having tried to install the software,i'm getting the error message"error number:0x80070725,incompatible RPC stub".I'm running WIN98SE,can anyone please help?Also,would using a card-reader remove the need to install the cameras' software,so i can at least d/load images to my pc?

howard60 21:12 09 Aug 05

did you have the camera plugged in when you started the install? Canon normally say do not connect the camera until the software is installed.

keverne 21:14 09 Aug 05

Have a look at this click here

Your suggestion of using a card reader is a good one. It's most certainly quicker and easier for me.

ROYWIDD 21:16 09 Aug 05

hello howard60,no it wasn't connected,i tried several times to install the software from the disc,but keep getting the error message,can i get round this by just using a card-reader?

ROYWIDD 21:19 09 Aug 05

thanks daconner,looks like a problem with my o/s?will a card reader do the trick?if the cam software wont install,i'd rather go down the reader route

keverne 21:33 09 Aug 05

Yes, if you aren't comfortable with that Microsoft article then use a card reader.
As I said I prefer to download my images by card reader and then use PaintShop Pro to do any fine tuning.

ROYWIDD 21:38 09 Aug 05

thanks daconner,i'm ok with the M/soft article,i just dont like their support line charges,lol.i'll get a reader tomorrow,and then use photoshop to tune the images.many thanks to those who replied

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface PC release date, price and specs: All-in-one Surface PC to directly rival iMac

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…