installation problem

Flabbyfran 14:14 30 Dec 04

I bought Norton antivirus 2005 but when i put the disc in a window opens giving me the options to install norton antivirus 2005/ Browse the cd/ view special offers/ or exit. So I click on "install" the window disappears my floppy drive buzz's and nothing happens.
I have tried exploring the cd and clicking "CDSTART.EXE" file but the same thing happens as above. I also tried clicking the "NAVSETUP.EXE" file but nothing happens.
I am running xp home adition.

JIM 14:35 30 Dec 04

or SP2?

If you have or had previous version of norton running,you have to make sure to completely remove older software.Use removal tools and then restart your computer and then try installing 2005.Removing older version via add/remove programs most of the time wont work when trying to install Norton antivirus 2005

Thats if you have run older Norton programs.

Sans le Sou 14:36 30 Dec 04

sounds like it is trying to install from drive A for some reason

Flabbyfran 14:39 30 Dec 04

I'm running sp2 and I do have an older version so I will attempt to uninstall that one.

pc moron 14:41 30 Dec 04

Try to install it in Safe Mode.

Here's what Symantec have to say: click here

Flabbyfran 14:44 30 Dec 04

Oh that looks interesting thanks i'll check that out.

JIM 14:48 30 Dec 04

Installing Norton AntiVirus 2005 from the CD

This page provides a step-by-step guide for installing Norton AntiVirus 2005 from the retail CD.

Before you install Norton AntiVirus, you must prepare your computer. If your computer cannot start from a CD, create Emergency Disks. Read Creating Norton AntiVirus Emergency Disks for detailed instructions.ETC.ETC.

click here=

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…