Installation Of MS Office 2003 on Vista PC

Pink_Panther2 10:10 20 Apr 07

I’ve just bought a new, highly specced PC running Vista Home Premium. It came with a 60 day trial / evaluation copy of Office 2007. As I already own a copy of Office 2003 Professional, I decided to uninstall the 2007 version, (as I did not wish to purchase after the trial period), and install the 2003 Professional version.

The uninstall went well. With no problems. Upon trying to install 2003 Professional, the autorun performed OK to bring up the selection menu. As soon as I click on “Install Office 2003” I get an error message window from Windows Installer: “Error opening installation logfile. Verify that the specified logfile exists and is writable” At this stage I reach an impasse. Can amyone throw any light on this for me and advise of a possible solution?

anskyber 10:19 20 Apr 07

Looks a bit involved I'm afraid. click here

The link comes from here click here which suggests a potential for a number of answers to your question.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…