Installation disc for Epson SX100 multi function

Trikie 23:26 08 Mar 10

Bought this on e-bay without an installation disc. I've downloaded the driver from Epson's website and thought this would be all I need. However after connecting the printer when instructed the Found New Hardware Wizard asks me to insert the installion disk. When it can't find it it refuses to go any further.

I understood that only a driver is needed to install a printer - can the Wizard be by-passed or removed?

If not could anyone e-mail a copy of whats on the installation disc.

Thanks

gengiscant 08:21 09 Mar 10

You should be able to point the New Hardware Wizard to where you have downloaded the driver for your printer.Just make sure you have downloaded the correct driver for your OS,an easy mistake to make is to download the wrong one,I know.
But epson drivers are normally an exe so puzzled that the new hardware wizard is popping up after you have installed driver.
What Operating system are you using.

interzone55 09:27 09 Mar 10

It could be the scanner component that is forcing the new installation wizard.

Have you downloaded the Scanner driver & software?
click here

Trikie 19:16 09 Mar 10

Thanks both.

It's XP Home with SP2. I've now loaded the scanner driver and the printer is listed in Control Panel>Printers and Faxes.

When I switch on I still get the Eound New Hardware balloon and the Installation Wizard asking for the CD.

On trying to do a test print I found there are no ink cartridges in it so can't get any further before buying some.

Is it possible to see an e-bay item after it has been sold - I'd like to check if this was mentioned (or possibly misstated).

gengiscant 08:39 10 Mar 10

'Is it possible to see an e-bay item after it has been sold'
Yes it is,just go to your account in Ebay click on WON on the left hand side and anything you have bought from Ebay up to 90 days will be displayed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…