Installation of Athlon XP2000+ in 867AS Motherbard

brian770 02:30 09 Nov 06

Hi,

I wonder if anyone can help with a problem? My main system base unit had GA-7VRXP motherboard with a VIA KT333 AGPset, but unfortunately 'fried' a few components and left me with a 600 Duron machine, as an alternative. I installed the RAM from the Gigabyte motherboard with no problems(apparent) but when I tried the processor it didn't boot although it had the standard short POST 'beep', my query is, is this, as I assume, caused by the chipset being incompatible, and if so is it possible to swop the chipsets? This is only a tempory measure really as I will have to replace the mobo in my main machine.

Thanks for having a read and even more thanks to anyone who can give me a fix for the problem.

Best Regards
Brian

AndySD 03:37 09 Nov 06

Is it this motherboard 867AS - Jetway click here
If so click here and get the manual and see if there some Jumpers you need to change.

keef66 11:59 09 Nov 06

Here is a list of supported processors for revision 1.0 board:

click here

Revision 3.0 board:

click here

You need to know the motherboard revision number, the bios version and the BOM, which these links tell you where to find. You also need to know exactly which XP 2000+ cpu you have (read the tiny writing on the chip itself for the serial number)

brian770 15:03 09 Nov 06

Hi again

Thanks AndySD and Keef66 for your advice and info, having done as requested, it would appear (surprise)that the CPU didn't escape the frying.

S'pose I'll have to visit the bank manager ..... Damn!!

Anyway, thanks again Guys.

Regards
Brian

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…