install xp pro on ibm thinkpad

Nades 18:24 13 Apr 04

I am wanting to do a clean re-install of my IBM Thinkpad 600e. I got the thing second hand do not have any of the system disks or driver disks, I also want to change my os from 98 to XP pro. Can anyone help me with a method. I imagine xp will have most of the drivers i need. I have re-installed on my home pc loads of times but dont know how to get into the bios on the laptop and check for boot lists and such like. Cheers

Nades 18:35 13 Apr 04

BTW it is not stolen or dodgy in any way....i know i paid a lot for it at the time!!!

interzone55 18:44 13 Apr 04

I bought a second hand ThinkPad many years ago from Morgan Computers. It's v old & only runs Win 98 at a pinch.

Anyway, the crux of my answer is that the Win 98 cd didn't have display, sound or modem drivers, so I paid a quick visit to click here, took a look at their support pages and lo & behold they had drivers for just about anything, so my guess is that as long as the hardware isn't too old you should be able to get drivers for it, if their aren't any XP drivers, you could always download and try the Win 2000 drivers.

ps they also have PDFs of most manuals

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…