Install XP Home after fdisk?

Barnacarry 06:46 12 Dec 04

I need to reinstall XP Home, using my upgrade disk, but each time it just copies over the exizting OS with all the files present but unusable. How do I reinstall XP using fdisk?
(I have original ME disk)

AndySD 09:06 12 Dec 04

Boot using the upgrade disk and choose Repair to go into the recovery console. at the command prompt type in

fotmat C:

after its formated the drive reboor with the upgrade disk and Install XP it will ask for the ME cd as it goes through the install.

dan 11 09:16 12 Dec 04

fotmat C:?

Small typo from AndySD ;-)

try format C:

AndySD 09:34 12 Dec 04

Oops.....
well it is Sunday morning.

temp003 09:47 12 Dec 04

Alternatively, when you get to the XP Setup Welcome screen, press Enter to enter Setup, F8 to accept agreement, ESC (I think) to install fresh copy of XP. When asked where to install XP, highlight C, press Enter. Confirm that's what you want to do when warned about existing OS. Ultimately you'll be given formatting options. Choose format with NTFS file system (this you must do). Proceed as prompted.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:04 12 Dec 04

Clean install windows XP
click here

Barnacarry 12:03 12 Dec 04

Sorry for the delay but I have only just managed to get it all back and running. Being a bit of a novice I took my time, especially getting my internet connection going but, hey, I'm back and thanks to you all for your help. Keep up the good work.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…