Install Windows

lodger 13:08 04 Feb 04

I have wiped my HD, now I want to run win95, ..so, from dos prompt I type D:\win95\setup...things begin to happen , BUT THEN i get this message ; 'Windows needs 733333 bytes free on c drive'..........how can I advance from this dialogue?...........

tnt115 13:19 04 Feb 04

Hi

there you need to format your c drive from dos before you can install win 95 again

type this

format c:

then it will come up with a message saying do you want to format c: drive press y then it will format the drive

Iwasaki 13:28 04 Feb 04

To be absolutely sure you sure creat a new MBR record, to do this you have to use the MS Fdisk.

Process:

c: Fdisk
C: format c:/u

Fdisk will ask you the size of the partition you will want to use, perhaps for win95 use the total hdd space.. You will then have to re-boot and format the HDD see above command.

-=Dark=-{Lord}^Angel 14:02 05 Feb 04

FORMAT FORMAT FORMAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!easy as pie

c:format or
c:fdisk

gold 47 20:00 05 Feb 04

Hope you don't think im rude to ask but why do you want to run W95 as this is not a USB aware OS.

lodger 11:25 06 Feb 04

Yes, I just needed to format......i must remember format c:.........:)....Gold,.this old pc is so slow that it can only handle win95, ..100Mzh..32 mb ram , 1 mb video adaptor!...it was a gift from my son in law, so it's fast enough for me thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…