install win98se from boot floppy

Andy.F. 10:57 16 Jun 04

hello good folks....I've been given an oldie for the little un....small drive and win95. I want to install win98se as this is what she's used to but don't know the commands to type. I have win98se boot floppy and CD but no idea how to do it. Dose the floppy give a command to format the drive? Honest...I don't have a clue.....once I put the floppy disk in, what are the commands I type to install win98se please........try and keep it nice and simple if possible please and dont send me on a link (click here) as I'm still unable to open links...that was a previous question.....thankyou very much.....Andy

ventanas 11:06 16 Jun 04

The Win98 boot floppy usually creates a temporary ram drive that moves your cd drive down a letter until Windows is installed. So if was D it will become E.

I'm trying to remember Win95. I think you choose to restart and select command prompt only. This should leave you at C:>. Just type format c: to format the drive.

When formatted switch off and put the floppy in the drive and switch on. A number of Files will load and you will be left at the A:> prompt. Type E:setup and Windows should install.

You will need to make sure that you have all necessary drivers (video, sound etc) for 98 as well.

Andy.F. 11:10 16 Jun 04

many many thanks m'friend....Andy

Graham ® 11:13 16 Jun 04

Make sure you have the Product code for 98.

Smiler 11:17 16 Jun 04

You don't have to format before inserting the win98 floppy youcan just turn off computer insert floppy restart then select start with cdrom support. At the A prompt type format c: when it has finished formatting accept the default name for the drive then at the a promp type E:setup as ventanas states windows should install.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…