Install/ Uninstall Works

hawthorn59 20:55 19 Mar 04

I have Works 7 on my new PC. I also have Works Suite 2002 on DVD (I had it on the old pc).
I would like Works Suite on the new PC, but it contains Works 6. So;

1 Is it a bad idea to have them both installed, ie will there be a conflict?

2 Should I uninstall Works 7 and install Works Suite?

3 Does anyone know if Works 7 is much better than Works 6? I mainly use just the Word processor from Works, and the database hasnt changed that much over the years anyway.

I suppose I am thinking of uninstalling Works 6 and going with Works Suite 2002 on DVD, and need someone to tell me that this is the best thing to do!!!

KC

mgmcc 22:07 19 Mar 04

While you can often install a newer version of software over an older version, you might well get an error message if you try installing Works Suite 6 when Works 7 is already installed.

Uninstall Works 7 first and then install Works Suite 6.

<<Does anyone know if Works 7 is much better than Works 6?>>

I have Works 2000 and Works Suite 2003. The basic "Works" applications (word processor, spreadsheet and database) look the same to me. Obviously the newer version will have compatibility with newer versions of MS Office.

Djohn 22:12 19 Mar 04

Works Suite has the full word processor of Office program. "Works" used to have it's own word processor similar to but not the same as "Word".

I'm not sure if "Works 7" uses it's own version or the full product but you will be able to tell the difference as you have used both yourself.

If "Works" doesn't have the full version of Word then it may be worth while removing and replacing with "Works Suite".

I had Works Suite and "Office XP" on my system at the same time with no conflicts and ran them both together for a while until I had transfered all my files then removed "Works Suite"

Hope this is of some help to you. j.

hawthorn59 01:29 20 Mar 04

Thanks for your help. I think I'll uninstall Works 7 and go for Works Suite 2000; I can always reverse the entire thing if I dont like it!

KC

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…