Install /uninstall MSI transform path error

peterdt 16:54 27 Apr 03

I installed a palm tungsten on my IBM T30 with XP. I had a bluetooth problem and decided to remove the palm s/w and do a re-install. Windows installer complained of error with transform and paths. I contacted palm who suggested, I remove all palm s/w and folders from program files and palm folders from the registery. I did this. In the program remove folder my palm software is still indicated but with no 'remove' button. When i try to remove/install from the cd, MSI installer complains of transform path error. I switched on the MSI logging option and get a 2203 error. I can do a msiexec force install or deinstall but keep on getting the transform path error. There is no MST file on the CD, I am at my wits end, short of a new XP install i dont know what to do. any ideas from the experts?

AndySD 17:02 27 Apr 03

click here and get Power Tools and see if there are any Palm registry entries left.

Do you have a full xp cd or a Recovery Disk?

peterdt 17:20 27 Apr 03

Hi,
thanks for the response, i have used power tools and there are no entries left. My XP system was installed by our support guys, so they have the CD's. i dont have anything. Where would i find the MST file that MSI is complaining about? i searched for every mst file on my system(about 87) and deleted all of those (about 4) that had anything to do with palm.

One area that could be a problem is that the tungsten CD i have is different to the one i originally installed the s/w with, as i had two tungstens which i was evaluating. Our Palm guys advise that this should not cause a problem.

AndySD 17:33 27 Apr 03

The MST should be in the same folder as the installer on the CD. It could be the cd is damaged or dirty. Try coping the cd into a folder on the pc then installing from there. Or can you download the software from the palm website?

peterdt 17:17 01 Jun 03

Hi,
i resolved my problem. A person on ITforum.com came up with a suggestion to run MSIzap (part of the microsoft SDK kit downloadable from microsoft). This worked, and problem resolved.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…