Install Touch Pad

morddwyd 19:17 05 Nov 13

'Ive had to re-install Windows on my laptop, but because it is a retail copy, rather than the pre-loaded one I need to "install" the touch pad (it works, but there's no adjustment of zones, speed etc.)

The touch pad (usual Synaptics) does;t show up in Device Manager or anywhere else that I can find.

Any help Please? (Acer Aspire, Win 7, 64 bit)

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:03 05 Nov 13

Instal the driver

click here

morddwyd 19:16 07 Nov 13

Thank you.

I gad tried various other sites for drivers but none of them worked.

Now for the audio and graphics cards!

(My apologies for the late acknowledgement - I answered yesterday, but it seems to have disappeared)

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:23 07 Nov 13

Which Aspire No.?

rdave13 19:29 07 Nov 13

Which Windows ?

First step is Windows updates.

On 7, IF I remember rightly, for sound, then device manager, sound video and games controller. Right click where the yellow warning is and search for drivers on the PC. It should give a clue as to it's name . I got Realtek. If so then look here.

rdave13 19:34 07 Nov 13

morddwyd , you've been here long enough to create images, why don't you?

Tut, tut.

morddwyd 19:09 08 Nov 13

Asppire 5738PG - unfortunately comes with different fits of graphic, sound and wireless.

I do have images, but I've uprated the hard drive, from 80g to one t, and the images won't install, so I've had to start from scratch.

Don't want to use Acer recovery because of the dross it installs - why install a nice clean disc and start filling it with rubbish!

rdave13 19:29 08 Nov 13

The images should install even on a new hard drive. That's the whole point of taking an image. I agree with not using the restore facility, as you say, you get a lot of crud with it. What does Windows updates show? Have you tried device manager then searching online for drivers? Selecting the ones with the yellow triangle then properties.

rdave13 19:32 08 Nov 13

As a second thought, now you've installed 7, can you install one of your images through Windows?

morddwyd 19:52 09 Nov 13

Yes, I've tried that several rimes with various options selected and using several different image types.

It always ends up at a loop, near the final restart "Windows Installation Will Continue after Restarting you computer".

Even the normally totally reliable Acronis ends up the same way.

rdave13 20:18 09 Nov 13

morddwyd , here is a site for all drivers for your machine. Its not an Acer site but McAfee shows it's OK. It's up to you to try it out. I think it's alright though. PS, forget the rather large green tab trap :)

helpjet.

Hope it helps, I've initiated a few downloads and looks ok.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…