install software problem

pontoon 11:39 03 Nov 06

can anyone advise please, it seems that most of the software i install from dvd work ok the first time used, but then cause problem with system, i then have to uninstall to put things back to normal ? is it me or my system. run xp pro sp2 68 gb hard drive remaining.

johndrew 12:34 03 Nov 06

The problems could be memory, driver, HDD space, CPU or other related items.

It would help if you gave details of your system, the programs and any `onscreen` messages you get when you have problems.

pontoon 16:42 03 Nov 06

thanks for reply, the system is dell optiflx 620 running xp pro sp2 512mb 80gb hard drive 2.6ghz,after the download system starts to missbehave ie slows down or giving error messages, the last one was sisoftware, message said unable to find server

griffon 56 17:12 03 Nov 06

You may have conflicts in the registry or elsewhere. Try downloading Crap Cleaner from click here, it has an 'Issue' checker in it which could remove surplus files left behind from installations, try another browser like Firefox rather than IE6, get a registry cleaner like Tweaknowregcleaner (Google it, I can't find the web address) and go to click here for heaps of free programs which might give you some ideas. Best of luck.

pontoon 17:18 04 Nov 06

thanks for the advise, did what was suggested and all seems to be working a lot better

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…