install shield

conrail 15:23 28 Nov 08

running xp home sp2, ie7, avg free 8, Belkin wirelwss network
had to format and reinstall after everythng crashed, now sometimes when I try to install software I get a message that I need to reset the install shield to allow the setup, also when trying to unzip files it takes me to the belkin wireless network uninstall shield, if I allow this to run I then have to reinstall my network,
1) how do I reset the install shield?
2) stop belkin uninstalling?
all help gratefully accepted

Ex plorer 15:42 28 Nov 08

Hi Type the heading in UK Google (reset the install shield) there you will find a few answers.

conrail 21:26 30 Nov 08

thanks Ex plorer, sorry about the delay in replying, had all sorts of problems, system suddenly froze and would not resart even in safe mode, so reformatted and reinstalled, just as bad at starting, only recognises 1 DVD drive and no floppy, even DVD drive is hit and miss, checked all cables, option of uninstalling wireless network, printer works but not scanner, tried chkdsk/f in safe mode but pc informed me it could not locate the file? so been out today to look at options, would like to keep xp as I have the install disc and worried about printer, Epson Stylus Photo R220 inkjet and the scanner, HP scanjet 3400c, (mention the names in case somebody knows if there are any drivers for them), non on the respective websites for vista, also office cd loads to about 50% then tells me that the disc is corrupt, runs on wifes laptop, tried dragging disc contents to usb key but would no do that, had the pc since P4's came out so about time for a new one but it looks like vista, local store will charge to install xp and pointless paying for pc only to uninstall os, rather wait until I have to do it, seen an Acer, 640Gb HD, 4 Gb RAM under £400, anyway thanks to all for help, appreciate your time and effort

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos