Install - program unavailable in limited account

Spock999 16:27 24 Dec 06

I recently changed my PC and decided to follow security advice and set it up so that I have a limited account for normal day to day activities and an administrator account to manage the computer. I am using XP Pro SP2.

Most programs can be installed from the administrator account and used in the limited account. I have one program (egames solitaire master) which will not run from the limited account and is not visible when you look at all programs from the start button.

I have raised this as an issue via the egames website but they are not interested (its a windows permission issue not a crap installer issue!).

I have tried to temporarily set the limited account as an administrator account but that does not give access to some necessary file and the installation fails.

I know that I can install and run it from the admin account but that defeats the point of having the limited user account.

Grateful for any advice?

LastChip 16:40 24 Dec 06

you have to set it up in your security policy.

But sorry, I can't remember the exact details without sitting in front of the machine (and I don't have one here).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017