install OS in XP

Ikelos 15:51 31 Mar 06

,hi, since my earlier post the laptop now will not run at all, it gets to the splash screen, and that is it, it will not go into safe mode,all i get is a screen full of black and white text, I changed the boot order in setup, to try and install the OS, but all i get is a black screen...how can i load the OS..i have a very old HDD which i have just fitted in this so i can get on line.

thanks

Ikelos 15:52 31 Mar 06

could the HDD have given up ?

pj123 15:53 31 Mar 06

Do you have a link to your earlier post?

Ikelos 16:09 31 Mar 06

hi, the link

click here

also i got a error message

shell.dll not installed

nmindexstoresvr.exe .....is corrupt, or did before it would not go at all

thanks

rawprawn 16:14 31 Mar 06
  VoG II 16:20 31 Mar 06

Try as repair first click here

Ikelos 16:32 31 Mar 06

thanks, i will try again, i will return when this HDD has been taken out and the dodgy one put in :-((

rawprawn 16:36 31 Mar 06

It can take quite a while for the white text on black background to disappear before getting into safe mode. Try the repair link from VoG™ and if you can Download and scan with Ewido click here untick Real time scanning and Auto update when installing, it is then free, manually update it before scanning

Ikelos 19:31 31 Mar 06

Hi all, I am back, landed up reinstalling windows, it almost got there, when it came up on the screen "press any key to boot from cd" and like a lunatic, i did, so it started all over again..but almost done now, just got to install all the progs//////////////thanks for all the help..nice one

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…