Install operating system on second hard drive

Barrie-281802 20:10 21 Jul 03

I have two hard drives fitted configured as master/slave. My C drive (80Gb) has Win XP installed. My other drive (10Gb) is where I want to install Win ME. I tried to install from XP but got an error message saying I couldn't do it from windows.
How can I install Win ME on the second drive without messing up XP?

woodchip 20:12 21 Jul 03

Almost impossible it as to go on before XP

woodchip 20:22 21 Jul 03

PS what you could do is take the ribbon plug from the XP drive and set the jumper to Slave, do not connect just yet. Set the old Drive as Master and start your computer, then while it is starting go into CMOS setup and auto detect the drive, exit and save settings start with a floppy boot disc from click here use the disc to setup and install ME it does not matter if it says Win95 or 98 it should still work you then need to get a dual boot manager and install it to your ME drive after you have done that you can reconnect your XP drive and when you reboot the boot manager should recognise the XP drive and ask which you want to run. DO not forget that the Wall Plug should be out when you disconnect and connect a drive or any hardware

woodchip 20:23 21 Jul 03

PS you may have to auto detect in CMOS again for XP drive

Barrie-281802 20:28 21 Jul 03

Thanks woodchip. I'll give a try this weekend.

Newuser38 20:54 21 Jul 03

This might be of help click here

zanwalk 21:04 21 Jul 03

Thanks for the link, I've just spent ages looking for it, it's now in My Postings!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…