install new motherboard

CROPP 18:17 07 Dec 05

I'm about to install a new motherboard. It is almost the same as the last one (asus a7v600x replacing asus a7v600) I'm hoping to get away without re-installing windowsxp and hoping that everything is ok from the off. If it isn't I think I have seen something about deleting some system files to let windows recognise the hardware. Any help on this please?

Diodorus Siculus 18:21 07 Dec 05

You will be ok with that; an option would be to boot with the WinXP CD and choose a repair - that will sort it.

MIke 18:24 07 Dec 05

I recently upgraded my motherboard from a pc chips to an abit board, totally different chipsets, and i just followed the advice on microsofts, knowledgebase, re performing a repair of xp. I was prepared to do a full re-install if needs be, but the upgrade went with no problems at all I did however uninstall all the old drivers for on board graphics, sound etc for the old board. This was about 6 weeks ago, and I've had no problems at all. Obviously a fresh install of XP is the ideal, but being too lazy to re-install all my programs and settings I tried the upgrade route instead.

click here;en-us;824125

MIke 18:26 07 Dec 05

my click here doesn't work, anyway the knowledgebase article is 824125

MIke

Diodorus Siculus 18:29 07 Dec 05

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…