install dvd to usb drive

rsturbo 22:46 03 Mar 15
Answered

I have a few install cd and dvd of legitimate programs I own. I want to transfer the cd dvd contents to ONE usb drive. I can then use this usb to store my programs and then can use it to install my programs if I don't have dvd drive on my next laptop. Any ideas? Thank you

robin_x 23:55 03 Mar 15

Use Imgburn to make iso files of the discs.

Keep them in a convenient folder on laptop main drive.

(keeping there means your backup strategy will make sure they are not lost)

Your new laptop will be W8/8.1 or W10, so you can right-click an iso file and Open with Windows Explorer. Then just double-click the setup.exe to run the file from your HDD.

If you want a USB drive to use on another computer, copy the contents of each disc to a folder on it (View Hidden and System Files must be enabled).

---

However, if the CD/DVD is a bootable one and you want to boot from it, it needs to be 'burnt' to a USB Flash drive.

Use Rufus to do that.

If you want to put several bootable discs/isos on one USB Flash drive, see Yumi et al

Although useful, that's a bit of a hassle because there's always one or two that don't work.

robin_x 00:06 04 Mar 15

Sorry, I generalised the instructions not quite to the question. But I hope you get the drift.

rsturbo 22:23 07 Mar 15

ok... thanks for the info so to be clear (my lack of understanding) i have several programs; windows, serif webplus and photoplus and office install dvd's. i want to transfer these bootable install dvd's to one usb drive and then use the drive to install these programs. so i will not be booting from startup but basically inserting the usb drive when windows has started up and then choosing a program to install from the usb rather than inserting an install dvd is this possible?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:28 07 Mar 15

Make named folders on the USB drive and copy the contents of each DVD to the appropriate folder.

If you explore each dvd there should be a setup file or auto run file for install the program.

rsturbo 19:15 10 Mar 15
Answer

thanks for all the answers. went with copy dvd contents to folders on usb drive. thanks again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…