Install Acronis.

Meshuga 11:54 25 Mar 07

I have just downloaded Acronis TI v10 and paid for it and all went well untill I try to install it. Part way through the installation I get a message saying "The installation was interupted and could not completed, Please try again." How do I get this to install please. I am not doing anything else while it is installing so what would interupt it? I`ve tried a number of times.

anskyber 12:23 25 Mar 07

Your anti virus would. Temporarily disable your AV for the install process.

Meshuga 12:24 25 Mar 07

Thank you anskyber, I`ll try that later.

Meshuga 12:35 25 Mar 07

Hi anskyber, disabling AV made no difference.

freaky 12:37 25 Mar 07

If you do as anskyber suggests and it will not install, then temporarily disable your firewall as well.

anskyber 12:38 25 Mar 07

Acronis will allow more than one download attempt. It is possible your original download was corrupted so it might be worth trying a fresh download.

Technotiger 12:39 25 Mar 07

Also if you have a Screensaver running, disabled that too. Having downloaded Acronis to your PC, go off-line to do the Installation.

mattyc_92 12:40 25 Mar 07

If you are using a Firewall with a 'OS Firewall' built in (such as ZoneAlarm Pro), I suggest closing it (as well as any Anti-Virus, Spyware Removers, etc...) before proceeding.

How long does it take to get to this 'Error'? TrueImage should install within 3 minutes (in theory and depending on your system's performance)

Meshuga 13:04 25 Mar 07

Hi all, Have done all that was suggested except another download with no success.
mattyc_92, the message appears about 2 minutes after starting installation.

Would I be more likely to have success if, instead of another download, I tried to install from the Coverdisk from the May issue of PCA.?

anskyber 13:15 25 Mar 07

It might but my DVD version does not have Acronis TI v 10 on it.

anskyber 13:18 25 Mar 07

Can I assume you are trying to install on XP with SP2?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now