install 1394network adaptor on xp pro compaq built

Andy 999 14:42 14 Aug 03

hi everyone.

My friend got that virus with the RPC error on her compaq built xp home computer. I hav installed xp pro on it but xp doesnt have any drivers for ehr network card as she has ntl cable broadband. I have run belarc on it and she has a 1394 network adaptor/controller and i dont know where to find drivers for it or figure out a way to get it working without the drivers for it.

Does anyone know where i can get drivers for it?

Thanks

Andy 999 21:49 14 Aug 03

Ok. I have reinstalled the defualt OEM version of Home edition using the OEM compaq disc. I have put it all back on but i still cant get the network adaptor to work. I have tried using the NTL disc supplied to set it up but whnevere i finish configuring it tells me that the netword device is not installed. how can i find out what the network card is. It appears to be onbuilt on the motherboard and not a seperate one. I have run belarc but i still cant find out what it is called.

Thanks

Andy 999 12:19 15 Aug 03

the desktop is a compaq presario 6000. I have tried downloading drivers for it but they dont work for the network. The network card is onbuilt onto the motherbaord so im not sure what it is. How can i get the right drivers for it?In device manager in Home edition it just says ethernet controller in the unknown devices coloum.

Any ideas?

Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…