Instaling Windows Problem

edelinski-199425 00:49 07 Apr 06

Hi. I have problem with my PC. I have P4, Windows XP about 1 year old, and this morning I was turn on him and he wasn't start he was give me some message that some file missing and windows canot start and I just try to reinstal all. Problem is now that I cant reinstal windows, when I put disk in drive and restart all it is ok but I can use only option for quick format if chose normal set up it start and stop at 1% and no move. I dont know what to do I set up now windows but dont know why all option in setup dont working, and I make 3 partition and first is 16 GB and have 69 % free space on it but I try defragment disk and was wait 3 hours to finish, is it posible that my HDD is gone. Please can someone help me. Thanks.

phono 00:59 07 Apr 06

Do you have a full Windows XP CD-ROM or a manufacturer's recovery disk?

If you have a full XP CD-ROM try and load the recovery console and run chkdsk to see if your hard drive is okay.

edelinski-199425 11:12 07 Apr 06

Yes I have all cd, and it's not first time that I reinstall windows, but I also try recovery console it say press R to start but when press R then he freez, I try couple time an follow all instruction but every time try recovery he freez. I will do chkdsk now to see.

Eric half-a-bee 11:37 07 Apr 06

Try removing anytrhing you have plugged into the USB ports.

edelinski-199425 13:22 07 Apr 06

I just run chkdsk and all was ok.I will try tonight again to reinstall windows and will see is it now work. Now comp working fine but I'm not shure is all ok. will see.

I just run chkdsk and all was ok.I will try tonight again to reinstall windows and will see is it now work. Now comp working fine but I'm not shure is all ok. will see.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…