* Make sure you have installation disks from all your applications.
* Back up all your data files.
* Create a DOS boot disk, making sure it has the commands to activate a CD-ROM if you are installing from a CD-ROM drive.
* Reformat your hard drive.
* Boot from a DOS disk as described above.
* Install Windows 95.
* Reinstall all your programs. Don't try to use a back-up tape for this. The programs and the system won't work properly because the programs all have to be re-entered in the registry. The entries are different from the Windows 95 upgrade entries.
* Use your backup to re-enter your data files.