instal win98 from comand prompt.After format of c:

Fintan 15:09 17 Feb 05

I formatted the c drive on my laptop. It used to run win'98, but got riddled with virus' so I formatted the drive but I can't get the cd to run. What can I do to get an OS back on this thing?

Thanks alot.

Fintan 15:13 17 Feb 05

Im stuck on command prompt, I think the system is running from the Bios. Any help would be great.

Yoda Knight 15:14 17 Feb 05

u'll need to get a boot floppy from sumwhere with generic drivers for ur cdrom... these can be downloaded of the net at click here

Yoda Knight 15:15 17 Feb 05

have u tried checking the bios to see if u can boot from a cd ? if it is an option, enable it, put the disk in and reboot

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:18 17 Feb 05

Boot with a win98floppy start disc click here, download the file to hard disc then put clean floppy in drive double click download to create 98 boot disc start with disc at

A:\> type

E:\setup

(note win 98 tools from disck will have put your CD drive back one letter, this will revert have windows loaded)

woodchip 15:20 17 Feb 05

should work

Fintan 16:32 17 Feb 05

thanks alot. that sorted it, cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…