Instal Kodak Imaging from Win2000 CD onto XP

Shadow 2 23:04 28 Sep 04

Can anybody help having used Kodak imaging on a Win98 system I would like to use it on new PC with XP Pro. I have a Win2000 Pro CD and also instructions from PC Advisor Helpline June 2004 but I don't completely understand the instructions because it does not work can anybody help thanks.

VoG II 23:15 28 Sep 04

Your best bet is to go to click here and download the latest software for your camera.

Shadow 2 23:37 29 Sep 04

I should have said I prefer Kodak imaging for its scanning and image abilities most particular the ability to scan multiple documents and append pages. The only alternative programme that can do this at a realistic price is Paris Page Omipage 14 at £72.00 from Dabs which I would rather not pay if I can avoid it hence the desire to load Kodak imaging. It is not to be used for our cameras. Can anybody else help? Thanks for the reply.

temp003 06:04 30 Sep 04

The techrepublic site has written a batch file to automate almost the entire process for you. click here , scroll down to the Procedure Overview to start reading, then go to the next page and read the instructions on how to use the batch file. There's a link there to download the batch file or just click here You do need to register first to download.

The only change you may have to make is: If your CD drive letter is not D, you have to change the reference to d: in first line of the batch file to x: (where x is the correct drive letter).

If you need to do that, after you've downloaded the zip file, double click the zip file, then right click the ImagingInstall.bat file and select Edit. This should open in Notepad. Then change d to x in the 1st line, then click File, Save. Exit Notepad.

Otherwise, just insert w2k CD, exit the window that comes up if it autoruns, then double click the ImagingInstall.bat file and there you go. Then click OK as and when needed.

Then after that's done, just create a shortcut on the desktop or Start Menu for the c:\WINDOWS\kodakimg.exe file.

Shadow 2 21:34 03 Oct 04

thanks to temp003. it worked well

I now have about 2.5 months worth of documents to scan and save

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…