Inspiron 6400 / Media direct

pj1664 22:09 25 Aug 07

Hi Can anyone help me with this Inspiron 6400 laptop, it has a media direct button that starts off any media on the computer with a press of this Media button but since I reinstalled windows, it only functions when the pc is in off mode, it used to function in normal windows. Is ther any configuration that needs to be done to get this button functioning again? I have looked at the BIOS but there are no enable options there. Anyone femilier with this laptop that can kindly guide me accordingly would be appreciated. Thank you.

ambra4 22:32 25 Aug 07

You have to reinstall dell media direct software from the cd if one came with laptop

Go dell site and see if you can download it

It called MDdirct.exe

Also check out this site all about Dell Media Direct

click here

ambra4 22:56 25 Aug 07

Dell support site on Media Direct and how to install and download the software

click here

pj1664 03:29 26 Aug 07

Thanks ambra4, I will look at both issues in depth later today and get back to you with the outcome.

pj1664 21:03 26 Aug 07

Hi ambra4, I have done all that was asked for to get media direct running but nothing happends, but what I did realise that since my instalation is new it does not have windows xp media manager or Dell media experience, now as far as I understand wondows xp media manager only comes as a pre installed software and I cant find it anywhare at microsoft, I am going to hunt for Dell Media experience, would prefer xp media manager tough, Do you know where I can get hold of this software? Thanks once again for all your help.

ambra4 01:03 27 Aug 07

Go to this site and download the file: - dmx.exe and see if it works

click here

Also before installing/reinstalling DMX, you must do the following...

1) Reinstall Microsoft DirectX

click here

2) Reinstall Microsoft .NET Framework

3) Reinstall Microsoft Media Player

4) Click Start- Shutdown- Restart- OK

5) Reinstall CyberLink PowerDVD

6) Click Start- Shutdown- Restart- OK

7) Reinstall DMX

8) Click Start- Shutdown- Restart- OK

If not it seems like the only way is the CD.

Call dell they might send it to you

pj1664 11:14 28 Aug 07

Hi ambra4, I just want to say a very BIG THANK YOU,you been a great help, all went as you suggested. the media direct is up and running. Thank you.

ambra4 11:47 28 Aug 07

Glad that it working

Enjoy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now