Inside the case

zebbydog 10:54 12 Oct 03

I have now started doing bits myself thanks to this forum, Need i worry about arm bands etc when fitting new parts to upgrade as when i used to go to the shop they just put parts in and did not bother. What are the general views out there.

Do i have to go out and buy one ?

Zebby

plankton 11:01 12 Oct 03

If it makes you feel more secure go-ahead. For the sake of relative pennies, dont let it stop you doing something you'll probably enjoy, and get frustrated with, and throw tantrums about, and get drunk......;o))

pj123 11:11 12 Oct 03

I build computers and, although I have anti static wristbands I have never used one. If you want a wristband let me know and I will post one to you.

dan boy 11:31 12 Oct 03

I had a system made for me by a friend yesterday. It works fine and he didn't use one. If you don't want to waste money just ground yourself before you start. (touch psu, a radiator or something)

zebbydog 12:48 12 Oct 03

Thanks for the offer but if you never use one i should be ok. Cheers Zebby

wee eddie 20:53 12 Oct 03

If you have one of these in the vicinity of the PC, you will need a wrist band.

Otherwise just ground yourself on some earthed metal, and also remember that the oil from your fingers can also act as conductor.

AndySD 21:01 12 Oct 03

I have on attached to the radiator next to where I work but I tend to only use it with processors and RAM.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…