//some 3rd party need geo

inserting web page counter

trigger2 13:33 31 Jan 04

hi
does anyone know (in simple terms please)
how to place a hit counter into a web page?
they tell you when you sign up for a counter to insert code text into web page!...but how and where?
had no luck with contact help emails
thanks

MichelleC 13:40 31 Jan 04

Which webdesign prog are you using?

trigger2 13:51 31 Jan 04

hi
i'm using serif web studio se

Maurellis 14:01 31 Jan 04

Your message should be posted on the Web Design Forum, where all the design Giurus hang out.
To insert a web counter do the following: Click in the page where you want the counter to appear - usually right at the bottom of your home page. Then go into the Code View. Insert the HTML script there, then refresh your page.
A good and easy-to-use free counter can be obtained from click here with easy to follow instructions.

Sheila-214876 14:39 31 Jan 04

We've been there before. Check out previous threads on the Web Design Forum. The general consensus is, hit counters are not a good idea. It appears to show your "insecurity". I will do a search and post some links for you.

Bagsey 14:50 31 Jan 04

Try click here for free counters

Sheila-214876 14:55 31 Jan 04

I have found 15 previous postings on "hit counters". Too many to post links for you so in the search boxes type in "hit counters" and change the AND to OR and type in "hit counters" again. Change the forum to Webdesign, All Discussions and select Titles and all postings. and then click on Search. Read and enjoy.

bstock 15:09 31 Jan 04

click here for a simple counter.

trigger2 17:05 31 Jan 04

thanks everyone!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…