Inserting a new USB card

DonnyB 17:21 15 Jul 05

I have a PB imedia about 4 yrs old which only has USB 1.1 ports. My new printer requires USB2. Am thinking of installing a new card, but being barely able to change a fuse, am worried. I have the PCA Archive CD for 2001-2003. Is there any article - with pictures - to help me pse?

Gongoozler 17:32 15 Jul 05

You don't tell us much about your computer, but installing a USB card is very easy. It's just another PCI card, and if you're running Windows XP you probably won't even need to install any drivers. This picture isn't for a USB card, but the method of fitting is the same click here

pj123 17:38 15 Jul 05

USB 2 is backwords compatible with USB 1.1 so there shouldn't be a problem.

You didn't tell us what O/S you have and what printer you are installing?

spuds 18:12 15 Jul 05

These videos may help click here

lotvic 21:00 15 Jul 05

my all in one scanner printer is USB 2 and I run it off USB 1 port as I do not have USB 2. It works just fine, just pops a message box up on monitor screen offering to troubleshoot. I just either ignore it or click on the x to close message box. I haven't had any problems (installed it last Nov.)

pj123 22:37 15 Jul 05

By email.

"Tks vm ..OS is XP with SP2. Printer is Epson Stylus Photo R300. Tks for adv."

DieSse 00:35 16 Jul 05

I don't beleive you NEED a USB2 port (the manual certainly doesn't say so - it only lists a "USB port" as the system requirement) - it's simply that it has a USB2 port for connection to the computer.

A USB2 port is specified to operate in several modes - all of which are also USB1 modes except the High-Speed mode.

Printers do not require High-Speed mode - though most new ones can use it if it's available.

Bagsey 08:06 16 Jul 05

You dont need to worry about usb 2 for that printer. I run mine on usb1 and all is fine. I have had it on usb 2 on another computer and can notice very little difference in speed of use.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017