Inserting image

Molly_Don 17:21 26 Jul 09

Hi

I have a facebook account with my photos, I want to insert my email address onto the photo to stop people from (nicking them)

I have my photos saved on the desktop right now, any idea how I can insert the email addy.

I've no idea what so ever with computers so very basic instructions will be most helpful.

Thanks in advance

wiz-king 18:42 26 Jul 09

Dont! It will open the door to spam and all sorts of nasties.
By all means put a watermark on them but dont use your e-mail addressMost photo editing programs will let you place text on the image. When you overwrite with the text dont forget to 'save as' or you will over-write the original.

Molly_Don 18:47 26 Jul 09

OK Wiz

How do I put a watermark on it, and what is a watermark?

Once I've done a watermark, will it prove the pics are mine, as I thought if I entered my email address, no one would be able to uplift it.

Sorry but this is all confusing to me,

BT 08:00 27 Jul 09

As Wiz says don't use your email address.

There is no really sure way to stop people taking your pictures without defacing them too much. In your picture editing software put something like "© your name". make it fairly big and semi-transparent and put it across the centre of the picture so that its difficult to remove. I don't know what Facebook allows but if you post the picture as fairly low resolution JPEGs they wouldn't be much use to any one else anyway, but will be perfectly adequate for looking at onlne.

anchor 09:18 27 Jul 09

Free watermark programme

click here

john bunyan 12:20 27 Jul 09

A watermark is the sort of thing you see if you hold a banknote up to the light and you then see previously unseen stuff in the white bits. A similar thing can be done with photos - expensive software has it. I agree with the others - don't give your e mail out!! Follow anchors link and Google watermarks.

Molly_Don 15:33 27 Jul 09

ok, thank you all for the advice

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5