Inserting a Hyperlink - how

wotbus@ 13:45 24 Apr 03

do they do that? In the forum I often see "click here" which leads to a website. I tried to do the same in an email and failed miserably, having got as far as "Insert" then "Hyperlink" then "confusion". I end up with the word "Hyperlink" inserted and not "click here" even though I type "click here" in the text box.If anyone has the patience to give me a step by step guild I would be much obliged, Thanks.

Sir Radfordin™ 13:50 24 Apr 03

Think you need to explain in a bit more details what you are trying to do.

If you type a web address (www. pcadvisor.co.uk) in this site it will convert it to click here and if you type in an email address [email protected] it will convert it into a mailto link.

If you are using Outlook or Outlook Express it will normally convert a web address into a hyperlink, it won't change it to 'click here'.

Taran 13:52 24 Apr 03

When you paste a link to another web page here in the forum, it automatically changes to the click here you are talking about.

To do the same in email message requires a bit of messing around. You have to write the words click here then select them and apply the correct code to them to make them link to a required page online.

It won't work if you are set up to write emails as plain text since this is HTML code we're talking about and it won't necessarily work at the recipients end either, depending on how they are configured to read the message.

Some links that explain how hyperlinking works are as follows:

click here

click here

click here

DieSse 14:31 24 Apr 03

In an email, if you just type the website address, it will become a hyperlink automatically, as long as you are using HTML to write you email - it won't change into "click here" - but no matter - it doesn't need to.

DieSse 14:31 24 Apr 03

In an email, if you just type the website address, it will become a hyperlink automatically, as long as you are using HTML to write you email - it won't change into "click here" - but no matter - it doesn't need to.

wotbus@ 14:43 24 Apr 03

Maybe I should leave this alone.When you have an old head on young shoulders, its hard to satisfy the saying "It's desire to learn, not ability, which achieves success".

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…